Terms and Conditions
We’ve rolled out a few Covid-19 measures to help ensure that your stay is safe, stress free and enjoyable:
We will fully reimburse you if a travel ban is imposed up to one week before your rental dates. Should it be declared less than one week before your stay, we will retain the 25% deposit to cover costs incurred prior to your arrival
If you have had the misfortune to contract Covid-19 and can no longer travel, we will also fully refund you (we do ask that you provide a positive Covid-19 test for our records). Please note, that if this information is provided with less than 7 days notice we will retain your 25% deposit.
- When Colislinn House issues a written confirmation to you, this signifies that we have entered into a contract with you, which is subject to these conditions. Should you wish to cancel after a confirmation has been issued, then this is treated as a booking and Clause 1 applies. Should you wish to change the date of the holiday we will make every effort to arrange this but cannot guarantee alternative dates.
- Colislinn House reserves the right to refuse accommodation in certain circumstances. In no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed the number stated in the brochure, unless agreed in advance and in writing. if the composition of the party changes after the booking has been made, we must be advised and agree to the change. Colislinn House reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate the hire without notice if this condition is not observed, or refuse to hand over the property to any person who, in the owner’s opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, Colislinn House shall not accept responsibility or liability for such refusal or termination.
- The Client agrees to keep the property and all the fitments, furniture, equipment and other contents in or on the property in the like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday let and will make good any damage, breakage or loss that may occur during the period of the holiday let. The property and all fitments, furniture, utensils and equipment etc., must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the conclusion of the period of the holiday let.
- The rent of the property includes rates and telephone rental. The client will be responsible for all charges for electricity, solid fuel and oil supplied during the holiday let.
- The week’s rental normally runs from Saturday 4 p.m. to Saturday 10 a.m. unless specifically arranged and agreed otherwise.
- Confirmation of a booking by Colislinn House will be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions and a confirmation of the details and conditions supplied at the time of booking. The Client warrants that he/she is authorised to agree to the Colislinn House’s conditions, is acting on behalf of all persons including those substituted or added at a later date and must be one of the property occupants on each night booked. The Client is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the property comply with all the conditions in all respects. Colislinn House is occupied strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the property after the end of the holiday period booked exists for the Client or for any other person or persons who occupy the property. All persons will vacate the property at the conclusion of the period of the holiday.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the £400 refundable damage deposit.
- The balance must be paid no later than 4 weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 4 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 12 persons and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Only 2 pets are allowed at one time. Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £400 is required and will be returned within 14 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach. Use the beach towels provided.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building and/or grounds.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Check-out – Check-out time is at 10am. Please strip the beds, empty bins, dispose of all recycling and leave the kitchen tidy.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us or only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.